Update: Links to my presentation slides are now available for download
It’s hard to believe that Codeland is only a few days away!
Here, you’ll find some resources and links related to my talk, What I Learned From Managing My First Open Source Project on Github. The conference will be recorded so check back later for
slides and video links.
How Many Days Until Halloween? – The project that started it all! Not sure how many days until the spookiest day of the year? No worries, this webpage will do the counting for you.
Fork the project files on Github – Peak behind the code and see firsthand how this project evolved over time. Contributions are always welcome!
Presentation Slides [6.5 MB] – A PDF of my presentation slides can be downloaded here.
If you are attending Codeland, these links can also be found in the conference booklet
- GitHub Glossary – A list of common Git and GitHub specific terms
- GitHub Guides – Short guides or tutorials covering various GitHub topics and features
- Hacktoberfest – Hacktoberfest is a month-long celebration of open source software
- Open Source Guides – An extensive collection of resources for individuals, communities, and companies who want to learn how to run and contribute to an open source project
- Open Source Survey – The Open Source Survey is an open data project by GitHub and collaborators from academia, industry, and the broader open source community
- Conflict – Competing differences between code files
- Git – A free and open source distributed version control system
- GitHub – Git repository hosting service and community
- Markdown – Markdown is a plain text markup language
- Open Source – Open source software is software that can be freely used, modified, and shared by anyone.
- Squash – Combining several commits into one
See you at the Conference!
Photo by Shannon Crabill is licensed under CC BY 2.0