Thanks for attending my talk Documenting for Open Source at Write the Docs Portland. Slides, recording, resources and other fun stuff can be found here.
The presentation is being recorded so check back later for the video!
How Many Days Until Halloween? – The project that started it all! Not sure how many days until the spookiest day of the year? No worries, this webpage will do the counting for you!
Fork the project files on Github – Peak behind the code and see firsthand how this project evolved over time. Contributions are always welcome!
Presentation Slides [6 MB] – A PDF of my presentation slides can be downloaded here.
- Hacktoberfest – Hacktoberfest is a month-long celebration of open source software
- Open Source Guides – An extensive collection of resources for individuals, communities, and companies who want to learn how to run and contribute to an open source project
- Open Source Survey – The Open Source Survey is an open data project by GitHub and collaborators from academia, industry, and the broader open source community
- Bridget Kromhout’s Tweet on writing docs with empathy
- Make a Read Me – A 101 guide to creating a README
- Contributors Covenant – A boilerplate code of conduct for open source projects
- Keep a Changelog – One of the many ways to structure your changelog
- Documentation Guide – A living, breathing doc about writings docs from Write the Docs